Elite Injury Attorneys Network
Georgia residents visit medical clinics and hospitals to obtain the necessary treatment for their injuries or illnesses. When you walk into a medical facility, you expect to be taken care of by well-trained, competent medical providers. Unfortunately, that does not always happen. Busy clinics, understaffed hospitals and insufficiently-trained medical staff can make careless mistakes or cut corners in an effort to see more patients, and you may suffer as a result. Any injury caused by the negligence on behalf of a medical professional or health care facility is considered medical malpractice.
If you are a Georgia resident who has been injured due to the negligence of doctors, nurses, surgeons or other hospital staff, you may be able to collect compensation on a medical malpractice claim. Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network, LLC, will have one of our attorneys with medical malpractice experience attempt to find you a well-qualified Georgia medical malpractice lawyer in your area, at no additional cost.
Medical Malpractice Laws
Under medical malpractice laws, health care professionals have a legal and ethical obligation to provide safe and responsible treatment and care to all patients. These laws and standards apply to all health care providers, such as:
- Doctors, nurses and surgeons
- Chiropractors and massage therapists
- Obstetricians and midwives
- Psychiatrists and psychologists
- Medical clinics, nursing homes and hospitals
Forms of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take various forms, including:
- Surgical errors
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a condition or illness
- Negligent obstetrical or gynecological care
- Prescription mistakes
- Failure to perform or request necessary procedures and tests
- Misinterpretation of tests such as CT scans, x-rays and MRIs
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to obtain informed consent for surgery or invasive procedures
- Birth injuries
- Failure to provide the appropriate follow-up care
If you or a loved one lives in Georgia and your health has suffered because of a medical professional’s negligence, you may be entitled to damages. Please complete the online form and the Elite Injury Attorneys’ Network, LLC will review your case. If it appears valid, will work to find you a Georgia medical malpractice lawyer to take your case and help you recover the money you and your family deserve.